Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unwritten Love

My love for, my love...
Is unwritten
It's uncomplicated
It's undefined
It's uncoupled to speak its own mind
It's unwritten in the sands of time
Way before the god of gods
Created our god
Way before planets and stars were born
And space became a place
For the whole human race
Way before the idea of life
Entered the god's head
That's when my love
For my love began…

My love for, my love

Is unwritten
It's Prince and D'Angelo rolled into one
It's Mos Def on a Talib Kweli track
But beyond that
It's unwritten
Way before sands and seas
Breathing and trees
Way before the way befores of
Yesteryear and silent tears
Before religion enslaved
Both men and women
Before superpowers, superheroes
And terrorism
Way before Mohammed reached that mountain
And the Wailing Wall became electronic
Way before demonic bushes and shrubs
And hip hop's cool wazups
That's when, my love
For my love grew up…

My love for, my love
Is unwritten
It's the urban voice of bra'Mac
And the soul to mouth goings of Flow
It's all of that
And more

It's unwritten
Way before people left the biblical
For the spiritual
And became even more philosophical
Way before politicians were held accountable
Astounding us all with their black and white lies
That's when my love for, my love

Materialised
It's unwritten
In the sands of time...

No comments: