Saturday, July 26, 2008

Message to your God

God…
I have no doubt that you exist
In some form or the other
A man, a woman, an abyss
But make yourself known
To us mere mortals here on earth
‘Fore we kill ourselves
‘Fore we cannot birth…

I’m an inquisitive little fuck
And I don’t mean to bug
But if I were you
I’d stop the war in Iraq
I’ll come down in the form
Of a man or woman
And I’d win a Nobel Prize
For my peace master plan…

I know you don’t want fame
Or recognition, or hoes
But godammit, God
Release us from our woes

Assuming you’re a man
You can have any babe
From here to Timbuktu
But if you’re a woman
I’ll hook you up with a fine black brother
From the Cameroon…

I don’t want a prize
For being the one
Who made contact with you
All I fuckin’ want and need
Is for you to come through…

For me, for my brothers
And for all my sisters too
Just make things right
That’s all I’m asking of you…

Bible says you’ve got the skills
You can turn stone into bread
Even the Quran proclaims
That you’re a helluva lad…
And that fish and bread thing you supposedly did
That shit is the bomb
That’s what we need in Iraq
Not coalition bombs…

So do we have a deal
Can I hear you say Slam!
Or must I stop believing
You actually give a damn….?

No comments: