Saturday, July 26, 2008

The colour of a black and white TV

I’ve had my fill of -
Black cats in my path
On black Mondays
Searching for black boxes
On black nights
And the spilling of black oil
Into black seas
Fighting black foes
With black magic
And filling black bags…

I’ve had my fill of –
Black tar
Carrying black tyres
To keep black coal burning
Fuelling black riots
God knows I’ve had my fill…

I’ve had my fill of –
White houses making
White rules on
White pages. Giving
White bosses in
White buildings more
White power!

I’ve had my fill of –
White racists with
White faces. Hiding
White ropes under
White cloaks!

I’ve had my fill of –
Extra thick
White chalk lines when a
White dies! I’ve had my fill of –
White tickertape for
White leaders and
White killers!

I’m sick of the
White media telling
White lies!

I’ve also had my fill of –
White rugby and its
White tries
White cricket and its
White leg byes!
God knows –
I can’t take another day of
White courts allowing
White chemicals to run free!

But maybe it’s just me –
Black and proud watching the world
In colour
On a black and white TV…

No comments: