Saturday, July 26, 2008

I write what I like

Just like our brother Biko
I write what I like

I write about the past inequalities
In Cape Town
Still present to this day
I write about the pretty American pictures
They paint us
As well as our own KKK
I write about a town called Oranje
And its koeksister monument
About little kids high on tik
And the price we all have to pay
I write about dummy Cape town politicians
And Camps Bay housewives high on coke
I write about mr. Tony Leon
‘Cause in my eyes, the man's a joke
I write about our ex-president nearing a century
May god bless his precious soul
I write about the 2010 soccer world cup
Let's hope the stadiums get built
I write about a tale of two cities
That’s the cape town that is true
I write about the blinkers on the eyes of some people
As they drive pass townships like gugulethu
I write about radio dj’s in this city
Being recycled year after year
I write about bruised and battered women
Still living in fear
I write about cape town soccer stadiums
Empty with no cheers
I write about people supporting Manchester
And the media that’s to blame
I write about shack fires in cape town
And wonder who’s to blame
I write about another fisherman who died
Just trying to put food on the table
About the ignorance of the majority
Cause it needs to be disabled
I write about people obsessed with branded clothes
Get your priorities straight
You’re just another walking billboard
While young Chinese labourers get nailed
I write about the obsession with celebrities
Most people claim to know one
I write about using the other 90% of your brain
Then maybe you could become one
I write about the fucking peak hour traffic jams
And how it’s fucking up my days
About corruption in our government
And justice that’s delayed
I write about assholes who want to dice
As you pull up at every stop
I write about people still living off their parents
Go and find yourself a job
I write about gap years in London
And daddy bought me a citi golf
I write about people taking taxis to work
Because the public transport system don’t work
I write about the prejudice in this city
This shit has gotta conclude
I write about the media blowing it all up
Just to sell the news
I write about people buying it on tv
And that sick paper called the Sun
I write about road rage on our streets
And how every fucker’s got a gun
I write about how life’s too short to live
But then again it’s a short time
I write about the concept of reincarnation
And the fear of coming back as a mime
I write about the arrogance of prisoners
Because life inside is such a breeze
I write about cops wanting bribes
To turn a blind eye to your stash of weed
I write about the end of this poem
Because you’re wondering when it will end
I write about you walking away with something
Or I’ll have to recite this shit again
I write about the things in my mind
That would make this poem go on forever and a day
I write about me just writing about some of it
And having my little say…
'Cause I write what like
And like what I write
Even if it’s just me
May bra Biko rest in peace…

No comments: