Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ode to president bush

Tell me what it’s like
To see the world through blue, green eyes
Hearing it breathe through
Pale, white ears
With no fears in sight

Tell me what it’s like…
To have straight blonde hair
Have it brush against your face
Leaving no trace of trivial worldly cares
The ones that say Africa is not being
Treated fair…

Tell me what it’s like
To sign treaties at summits
Start peace battles with force
Blood pools making fools like me believe
That this world will never be free…

Tell me what it’s like
To be a prom queen
With big dreams
Dreams that might actually
Become a reality someday

Tell me what it’s like…
To be the predator
Not the prey…
To see Africa from a distance
With no fears of resistance
Or reprisals – or even the notion of us
Ever becoming your rivals
Tell me what it’s like
To drop bombs on innocent children
Just because they’ve got Islam
In their systems…
You say you know the distance
From bloodshed to peace
But how can I even
Begin to believe…
You…
Put up golden arches around the world
Is it a gateway to freedom?
An entrance into your world…?

Tell me…
When you stack human bodies
In the shape of a pyramid
What do you get?
My mind cannot even begin
To digest
The incest you have committed around the world
mr. american president
mr. i’ve-just-been-re-elected…

So, tell me, please, what next you’ve
Got up your sleeve
And I’m not being out of line here, sir
I just deserve to know
The direction of the next curve ball
You’re about to throw…

No comments: